DappUniversity Code Help

Ok, first let me thank you all for what you do as codes and programmers. I am an electrical/electronic guy so I do a ton of troubleshooting and programming but using machine logic (PLC). I have become interested in learning about apps that run on top of the block chain infrastructure so I started reading and watching videos. Came across a video that I thought would be helpful. My idea was to follow along with the coder while he programmed and try and understand the schematic. I downloaded everything I was told to down load.

The video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWFba_9QYmcexplained that I had to download a few dependencies and those would be used to help me to program. So I downloaded Node JS and was told that I should use the exact same version as the tutorial v10.19.0 . But It wasn’t that easy I had to go to another YouTube video that explained how to download and install older versions of node.js 10.19.0 and then I downloaded the Truffle framework an older version also v5.1.39 used input npm install –global truffle@5.1.39 truffle@5.1.39. Next, I download Ganache local Block Chain and finally I Installed Metamask.

Then I was told to go github and dappuniversity/dbank for the starter code. I was told to download with zip or git. I wasn’t told how to unzip into terminal so I had to watch another video and could not achieve the outcome I anticipated. Next, I was told I could use the git command to execute the process. I was told to paste the url into the terminal and run the Git command.

The code I input was git clone –branch starter_kit https://github.come/dappuniversity/dbank I tired this a million times and couldn’t get git to work. Out of frustration I commented and then I scrolled the comments and found one that said that I had to first install the git command. So, I went and installed the git command. Had to watch a video on that.

Next I was told to create a new directory using this command: cd dbank and my locations changes from C:windows\system32> and changes to C:windows\system32\dbank

Then im told to type in git:(starter_kit) and this is where everything stops for me I get the following error:

Starter_kit: the term starter _kit is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

At line:1 char:6

• git:( starter_kit)

+~~~~~~~~~

• Categoryinfo :ObjectNotFound: (starter_kit:string) [], CommandNotFoundException

+FullyQualifiedErrorID:CommandNotFoundException

Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong I have placed a link to the video inside my question. I just want to follow along as he is doing it so I can understand the schematic and flow. I still have tons of research to do on symbols and character why and how they are used.

Thank you.