Welcome to the Solidity Forum!
This is the place to discuss topics and questions related to…
- The design of the Solidity programming language.
- The Solidity compiler.
- Solidity tips and code snippets.
- Solidity documentation and its translation.
- Discussions and announcements about Solidity releases.
Please be aware that this is not the place for…
- Ad-hoc support questions. For urgent Solidity support questions, please use the Solidity Gitter or Matrix chat or consider checking out the Ethereum StackExchange.
- Solidity bugs, vulnerabilities or issues. To report a bug, please use the GitHub issues tracker and refer to this guide on how to report issues.
- Generic Ethereum discussion. For that visit r/ethereum.
- Ethereum research specific discussion. For that, please refer to the ethresear.ch forum.
- EIP specific discussion. For that visit the Ethereum Magicians forum.
Code of Conduct
Please note that by participating in this forum you agree to abide by the terms of our Contributor Code of Conduct. Posts that are not respectful, constructive, or off-topic will be removed.
Quick Guide to the Solidity Forum Categories
- ”Announcements” is a low-traffic category for important announcements about the Solidity language and compiler.
- “Language Design” is the dedicated place for proposals and discussion on new language features and their implementation in the early stages of ideation or modifications of existing features.
- “Tools & Infrastructure” is the category for discussion about developer tooling, e.g. IDEs, debuggers, development frameworks, security tools, and infrastructure with a focus on the interactions and improvements between tooling and Solidity.
- Discussions about the documentation and its translations can take place in the “Documentation” category.
- In “Code Wizards” you can share useful tips or code snippets you came up with that are worth spreading. You can also discuss experimental Solidity implementations and get feedback on it.
- “Ask Me Anything” is where the Solidity team hosts regular AMAs, in which we are happy to answer your questions! If we host an AMA, one of our team members will open a new topic. Do not open your own topics in this category.
New to Discourse?
If you are new to Discourse consider having a look at this “Unofficial Discourse User Reference Guide”, which summarizes useful tips on how to use Discord, text formatting, images, LaTex and more.
Get Email Notifications!
If you don’t want to check the web interface regularly, don’t worry: You can get notifications from this forum via email! To edit your email preferences and enable the mailing list feature, visit your Profile → Preferences and scroll to Email. In the email settings you can define how often you’d like to receive emails. You can mute all topics and categories you are not interested in.